Android 2.3.2 update has started rolling out to the Nexus S, it’s just a maintenance update but it’s a pretty big one because it apparently fixes that SMS bug that has been torturing Nexus S owners. Update is going out over-the-air right now, so hang tight and it should hit your Nexus S shortly if you have one.
If you didn,t get the update than you can do it manually, here are the instructions:-
- Download update from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
- Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Power off your phone and now Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
- When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP button.
- You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
- Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
- Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”