With new iOS 5 you can use custom ringtones for SMS and Alerts. Now you can create free ringtone for your iOS 5 device with the help of iTunes. In today’s tutorial we’ll show you how you can create a ringtone for your iPhone 4 for free using nothing but iTunes.
To start with creating your own iPhone ringtone, follow the steps below:-
Read Also: How to Use iCloud on iPad iOS 5
Read Also: How to Add Emoticons on iPad, iPhone with Emoji keyboard
1. Open iTunes on your Desktop and Find the song that you want to make into a ringtone.
2. Now right-click the song and select “Get Info.”
3. Click the “Options” tab. Now Type in the start and stop time of your ringtone in the text box next to “Start Time” and “Stop Time” in the minutes:seconds. Ensure the length is not longer than 40 seconds.
4. Now again in iTunes Go to “Advanced” tab and Click “Create AAC version”.
5. Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version. Now Drag and the Drop the new version of song that iTunes created on your Desktop and delete the song from iTunes Library.
6. Now Rename the extension of song that you drag on the Desktop from “.m4a” to “.m4r”.
7. Now after the rename double-click the ringtone file. iTunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.
8. Connect your iOS 5 device and sync your ringtones.