Today at Hong Kong Event Google and Samsung have announced the rumored Galaxy Nexus and unveiled Android 4, codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich. It was the first phone designed for the latest release of Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Galaxy Nexus has a curved design and powered with lightning-fast dual core 1.2ghz processor combined with 4G LTE or HSPA+ technology. Other specs for the device include a 4.65-inch (1280 x 720) 720P HD Super AMOLED display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 5-megapixel rear-camera, 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB or 32GB storage option, a barometer, and NFC technology.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Specs (Official)
- 1.2GHZ dual-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage
- 4.65” 1280×720 HD Super AMOLED display with 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- 5MP rear-facing camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- EDGE/GPRS/HSPA+ connectivity
- 4G LTE compatibility
- 1750mah standard battery
Android 4.0 will be released worldwide in November, but the SDK is available now for developers to start building apps. Galaxy Nexus will be Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November followed by other countries.