Good news to Nexus Ones users, an update is waiting for you today. The new update version number is 2.3.6 (GRK39F), which will apply right over 2.3.4 GRJ22. Android 2.3.6 has arrived for the Nexus One and it’s rolling out to devices OTA right now. If you didn,t received the OTA update than you can update it Manually Also. Here is the Guide Which will help you to manually install the update.
Note: This may or may not work if you’re rooted. Android 2.3.6 update will only work on top of Android 2.3.4 and if you are running a custom ROM then first download and apply Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) from here
Here is the step by step Guide to manually install the update.
- Download the update from here (Google official – d323ca384aaa.signed-passion-GRK39F-from-GRJ22.d323ca38.zip).
- Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to “update” (without quotes) because it’s already a zipped file.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
- On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.
- Reboot and enjoy