Finally the new Android 4.4 Kitkat Updates are now available for Nexus devices. Kitkat is latest OS from the Google for the Android devices and the new os is powered with lots of new features such as New Dialer, Google Keyboard, New Google launcher etc. The new update version of android is now publicly available for Nexus 4, 7 and 10 devices. You will update your nexus devices with this latest update through the OTA update.
If you can’t wait or need to install the latest update on your device manually. Here is the full guide which helps you to update your Nexus device with this new latest KitKat update. All the below mention Nexus firmware contains the entire operating system. So after the update you will lose all your phone data, so do take the full backup of your device first.
Now follow all the below mention steps very carefully on your device and read all the instruction very carefully. Tothemobile.com takes no responsibility for what may happen to your device. While this is a reasonably safe procedure, you continue at your own risk.
a) Install Android SDK and fastboot drivers on your computer. If you don’t know how to do that then do a Google search, you will find lots of free guides.
b) Download Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16O factory image from the below mention links:-
Instructions to Install Android 4.4 on Nexus 4, 7 and 10
1. As we already mention above all the factory images contains the full operating system. This will completely wipe everything from your device, do take the backup of your device.
2. Download the appropriate factory image for your device from the above mention links and extract the folder on your desktop.
3. Now tune off you device and boot in bootloader mode. To do this press and hold both volume up and volume down buttons, and powering it back on using the power button.
4. Now you phone is in boot-loader mode, Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
5. Now open the download folder on your desktop. (Same folder that you downloaded on Step 2).
Windows users- run the flash-all.bat file by double-clicking it.
Linux and MAC Users:- run the flash-all.sh script from a Terminal window using ./flash-all.sh
6. Now the installation process will start on your device, do not disconnect the phone from the computer until the process is finished.
that’s all!. Now your nexus devcie is running on the latest Android 4.4 Kikat.