Finally the new iPhone iOS 4.01 available and the dev team also released the new PwnageTool 4.01 to jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G. Note: Some important info you have to must read before the jailbreaking process of iPhone iOS 4.0.
Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.
* If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.
* If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0
* If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G at 3.1.2 (but not jailbroken with Spirit) then you should create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore from recovery mode or DFU mode.
* If you have an out of the box iPhone 3G you should restore using a PwnageTool 4.0 ipsw using DFU mode.
* If you have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone 3G it is very possible that this can fail from recovery mode, if this failure happens you will need to restore using DFU mode.
* As an alternative to PwnageTool, you can use redsn0w on iPhone 3G (on both Windows and Mac) as mentioned in our last post.
IMPORTANT! Whenever you need to enter DFU mode, you will need to do so using PwnageTool.
iPod touch 2G
* If you have an iPod touch 2G (non-MC model) that is jailbroken (but not with Spirit) then you can restore using recovery mode.
* As an alternative to PwnageTool, you can use redsn0w on non-MC iPod Touch 2G (on both Windows and Mac) as mentioned in our last post.
So here is the Guide which will help you to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 iPhone 3GS, 3G.
1. Download latest iTunes 9.2 here
2. Download the original iOS 4.0 from the link given below:-
3. Download PwnageTool 4.01 here
4. Start PwnageTool 4.01 and select your device.
5. Now PwnageTool 4.01 will now automatically detect the correct firmware for your device, if not than browse & Select iPhone 3GSor 3G iOS 4 firmware file that you downloaded.
6. Click No when PwnageTool asks you “Do you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes?”
7. Click the Build button to select it then click the Blue arrow button to begin.
8. You will be asked to save your custom .ipsw file. Save it to your Desktop.
9. Now Connect your iPhone to your Mac/PC and enter into DFU mode.
10. Now In iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and click Restore. And Select Custom Firmware iOS 4.0 ipsw file created using Pwnagetool 4.0 ( That you created in Step 8 )
11. iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone. This can also take up to 10 minutes. Once done you will be rebooted into jailbroken iPhone OS 4.0!
And Now you can Also Unlock your iPhone with UltraSn0w 0.93. Read the Tutorial here