Recently Google released the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Galaxy Nexus devices and very soon Galaxy nexus users with get this update via OTA. With jelly bean you can get lots of new features on your device. If you are one of the Galaxy Nexus users and want to try the update on your Galaxy Nexus Now, you can do it easily with a manual update. The OTA is coming soon but you can try it manually on your device.
Here is the guide which will help you to update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean, In this tutorial we help you how to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Nexus and how take the full backup of device, so you can restore it easily after the update.
NOTE:- We will not be held accountable for any damage or brick your device as a result of following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk, and ensure you follow each step with care. And Remember You will need: A Galaxy Nexus flashed with the takju firmware.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Nexus To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Make sure you have installed the latest USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Neuxs on your Computer. Before starting the process take the backup of your Android device, here are some good apps which will help you to take the backup of your device. And one more thing ensure your device is rooted / bootloader unlocked, and ClockworkMod Recovery flashed. You can use the Nexus Root Toolkit for Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified.
1. Download Android 4.1.2 the required file from Google.
2. Now connect your Galaxy Nexus to Your PC with USB cable.
3. Now copy/paste the above downloaded Android 4.1.2 zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root.
4. Then turn off your phone and Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
5. Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [.zip from Step 1] Confirm the installation and the installation procedure should start now.
After finishing the installation go back and reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. That’s it now you are running the latest and greatest version of Android Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Nexus.