Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a service that allows you to switch over to the another mobile network without changing your old mobile number. Now the Reliance Jio MNP is available in many cities, and many users might be interested in moving on Reliance Jio SIM. But most of them don’t know how to do that and what documents they need to apply for the MNP. If you want to avail all the benefits of Reliance Jio’s plan (Unlimited Voice Calls and Data for three months) and don’t want to change your old number, then this guide is for you.
No need to change your existing phone number to get the Jio services on your phone. All you have to send one message and you are done. No need to queuing up outside the Reliance Digital stores to get the free SIM. You can convert your old sim into the Jio SIM with this Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service. Below are the steps which you can follow on your old mobile number to convert it into the Reliance Jio Sim.
How to Port Your Mobile Number to Reliance Jio 4G
1. Go to your phone and open the “Message” Application to create a new message to port your number.
2. Now on the message screen type ‘PORT 10-digit Mobile Number‘ and send it to ‘1900‘. For Example –
3. After that, you will receive a new message from number 1901 to verify the port out request.
4. After a few minutes/hours, you will get a Unique Port Code (UPC) on your mobile number. Keep the message safe it will be required in future.
5. On your compatible 4G Smartphone, download MyJio app from the Play Store. Open the app and tap on ’Get Jio SIM’ option. Fill in your details, such as name, surname, alternate contact number, followed by city and state. Once this is done, a barcode with a number will be generated.
6. Now visit any Reliance Digital store with your UPC code and Submit address proof, id proof, and photographs at the stores.
7. Once the form is submitted, the Store will give you the new SIM. It should take up to 7 days to activate, and a fee of Rs.19 will be charged.
That’s it! With this way, you can easily post your existing mobile number to the Reliance JIO SIM 4G.