If you are the rooted android phone users then you heard about the developer Chainfire. Chainfire is the developer behind popular works like SuperSU, CF Auto Root, TriangleAway and CF. He is famous for his rooted method for the android device. Now he released the new way to root Nexus phones on Android 6.0 Marshmallow update without modifying the system files on the phone and this will help the nexus user to unroot the device easily and get the OTA update on the nexus phones. The whole process is very simple and you have to only flash the boot.img on you phone and SuperSU zip file with TWRP recovery.
Here are the benefits of the new root method:-
- A cleaner approach and design
- Easier unroot
- An unlittered /system partition
- Excludes things like “sugote”, which are not needed on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- OTA’s are slightly easier now, as reflashing boot image is usually a lesser hassle than reflashing an entire /system.
- Most importantly, this does not soft brick your device if you do not have the correct kernel installation. Previous methods to root Android 6.0 required a SELinux policy patch in the kernel, without which, the device would not boot. With this method, if the supporting kernel is absent, you won’t have root but the device will boot.
The supported devices include all Nexus device with official Marshmallow updates in bag. Here’s list of devices compatible with new root trick. Nexus 5, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi, Nexus 7 (2013) LTE, Nexus 9 Wi-Fi and Nexus 9 LTE.
If you are the owner of any of these Nexus devices and running, the latest Android 6.o Marshmallow then read this guide to root your Nexus phone on android 6 without modifying the system files.