Official Jellybean 4.1.1 for Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 is out now. The new Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIB Firmware is only for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. The update is only of the unlocked International devices. If you have the unlocked International Galaxy S III, than you can apply this update on your S III.
You can update this firmware without rooting your device. Below is the guide which will help you to flash XXDLIB Android 4.1 firmware with ODIN application. This guide is only for those users who can’t wait for the OTA and Kies update. Read the instruction below carefully to apply this update.
NOTE: If you have the Rooted device, after this update you will lose root access after flashing the update. The update is only for unlocked International devices, if you are using this update on other device or model may produce undesired outcomes. Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability.
Read Also: How to Root Android Phone & Tablet
Read Also: Benefits Of Rooting Your Android Device
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware XXDLIB
Before starting the process take the backup of your Android device, here are some good apps which will help you to take the backup of your device.
Make sure that you have the latest Samsung USB Drivers installed on your PC and Enable USB Debugging option from the Android Development menu. (“Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging)
2. Extract the firmware zip file and Odin in your computer desktop.
3. Now Turn of Your Galaxy S III device.
4. Reboot your phone into Download Mode by holding down the Home, Volume Down, and Power buttons together.
5. Now connect your Galaxy S III to the computer with USB cable and run the ODIN app on the desktop.
6. Now Odin will detect your phone and display “Added” in its message box.
7. Now click on “PDA” in Odin app and browse for the *.tar.md5 file that you extracted from the update package in step 1.
8. Leave everything as is in Odin, do not eanble any other option there. Make sure the “Re-partition” option is not ticked.
9. Then finally click START!
Now you will see a progress bar and it will take some time to apply the update on your Galaxy S III. After the com,completion it will let you know by displaying “PASSED” in one of its message boxes. Now the phone will reboot automatically. When it does, you may unplug the phone from the PC when you see the Samsung logo. Now you Galaxy s III is updated with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIB Firmware.